Massage in Ft. Lauderdale
PAIN MANAGEMENT WITH NMT
What you can expect...
Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT):
Focuses and concentrates on one specific area of the body
Relieves chronic pain, such as sciatic pain, migraines, computer cramps
Alleviates muscle spasms, numbness, cramps and tingling
Releases pressure on a nerve by soft tissue, cartilage, or bone
Can increase flexibility and range of motion
Promotes a more balanced posture
Reduces imbalance of musculosceletal system due to computer keyboarding, poor lifting habits, poor mechanics in golf swing or tennis stroke
Identifies and neutralizes the trigger points in muscles that redirect pain to other parts of the body
A Neuromuscular Therapy Massage Will Help You If:
1. You experience chronic pain in the lower back, hips, upper legs, knees, arms, and neck. Typical are sciatic pain, migraines, computer cramps and other symptoms including muscle spasms that may cause pain in areas of the body that are not associated with the actual source of the pain.
2. You are consistently involved in repetitive motions either at work or in your other activities, such as golf, tennis, et al. causing you sore muscles or nerve entrapments.
3. You experienced a whiplash, suffer from pelvic and hip pain, Osteoarthritis, Plantar Fascitis, Tendonitis, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cramps and Strains, Herniated Disc Syndrome, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
4. You sit or stand in the same position all day, resulting in posture problems.
1. Some clients can be rid of the pain in just one session, while other patients will require several sessions before a noticeable change takes place.
2. It can take time for the therapist to actually locate the trigger point(s) because the client may be feeling pain in areas unrelated to the source of the problem. Please understand that you may feel the pain ie in the upper leg, but the source is in your lower back and that is where the therapist will focus on.
3. NMT may not be appropriate for those with conditions such as Open Wounds, Muscle/ Tendon Rupture, Suspected Bone Fracture/ Break, Infectious Disease, Arthritis, Inflammation or Osteoporosis.